22 September 2012

update

I've been chipping away at various projects but not showing or saying too much about them too soon because the projects are bigger than myself alone.

I enjoyed going back out to the Lasserre building at UBC this week on two occasions.  First, to present a talk for Annabel Vaughn's 'node' studio - she kindly asked me show the students a few of the projects I have done over the past few years which have been situated in the public realm.  I showed: 'turf skirts,' 'fact/fiction worlds series,' 'ludo in soho,' 'egg + dart,' 'concrete pillow bench,' 'verb tests,' 'shelf project,' 'seed balls hung from viaduct,' 'floor project,' 'moving space diorama,' and then finished with some background info on one of the projects I am currently developing.

My second trip out to Lasserre this week was to take part in a studio crit for the first years - they did localized string installations based on some gathered drawing data about a specific part of an iconic building.  There's a buzz in the air these days about string installations!  Or maybe I am all of a sudden more aware of this type of activity based on our own string installation earlier this summer...

David and I are settling in to our new studio.  Below is a photo of the first thing I made there (after taking down our string installation and moving all our stuff in).


No comments:

Post a Comment